1. Use the table below to find the average acceleration of the car from time t=20 to t=22. Answer: 6.0 m/s2
2. Use the velocity-time graph below to
3. A plane with a velocity of 94 m/s is accelerated uniformly at a rate of 4.0 m/s2 for 3.4s. What is the plane's final velocity? Answer: 110m/s
4. A car traveling at a speed of 25 m/s brakes at a uniform -4.0 m/s2 for 6.0s. How far does the car travel during that time? Answer: 78 m
5. An airplane with a velocity of 32 m/s needs to reach a velocity of 78 m/s for takeoff. If there is only 0.60 km of unway left, what must the constant acceleration be? Answer: 4.2 m/s2
6. A feather is falling at a constant velocity of 4.0 m/s. As the feather
passes a ledge that is 78.4 hight a rock is dropped from the ledge.
7. A bullet is fired straight up with an initial velocity of 109 m/s.
It passes the top of a cliff with a velocity of 55.1 m/s.
8. After making a delivery, a truck driver must maneuver the vehicle
backwards down a narrow ramp. The speed of the truck increases with distance
down the ramp. Describe the truck's acceleration.
9. How can you find the instantaneous acceleration of an object whose
curve on the velocity-time graph is a straight line?
10. Suppose an object starts at rest. Explain how the displacement of
the object, which has a constant acceleration, can be determined from
a velocity-time graph.
11. Describe the curve on a position-time graph of an object with a constant
velocity. How does the curve differ for an object with a constant velocity.
How does the curve differ for an object that is accelerating constantly?
12. Derive an equation for determining displacement when velocity and
acceleration are known.
13. How is the acceleration of an object in free fall related to acceleration
due to gravity?
14. In your own words, state the first and last steps that are critical
to solving any physics problem.
|If you have any questions, please email Ms. Cummings|