1. Draw a position-time graph and use it to estimate the distance at time t=4.6s.
2. On a position-time graph, compare the instantaneous velocities of an object when the tangent to the curve slopes upward to the right, when the tangent slopes downward to the right, and when the tangent is horizontal.
3. Describe the motion of the car indicated in the velocity-time graph below.
4. You ride a bike 2 h at 25 km/h. then 3 h at 34 km/h. Whast is your average velocity?
5. When does an object move at a constant velocity?
6. Use the following table to draw a velocity graph.
Find the total distance traveled.
7. Show mathematically that an object can have a negative position but a positive velocity.
8. Use the following table to draw a position-time graph.
9. It took Mrs. Cummings 39.5
minutes to walk a 5km run from the Galleria to the Hilton and back.
|If you have any questions, please email Ms. Cummings|