Essay and Short Answer Questions
1. How are independent and dependent variable related? Identify the graph axis on which each type of variable would be plotted.
2. Describe the relationship between fundamental units and derived units.
3. Explain the difference between accuracy and precision.
4. Which of the following is a more precise measurement, the length of a car measured to the neares meter or measured to the nearest millimeter? Explain your answer.
5. Which of the following measurements contains zeros that are NOT significant? Explain your answer.
6. State the number of significant digits in each of the following measurements.
7. Convert 25.2 hm to meters.
8. Add. 3.9x10-6 g + 2.4x10-5g
9. Find the area of a rectangle 10.31 m by 0.47 m to the best possible value using these measurements.
10. Express 0.000000543 m in scientific notation.
11. You perform an experiment placing various masses on a nearly frictionless surface and then applying a constant force to each mass. the results are shown in the table below:
a.) Plot the values given in
the table and draw the curve that best fits all points.
12. Solve the following equation for x.
x3 + y3 = e
|If you have any questions, please email Ms. Cummings|