Chapter 10 Review
1. An 80.0-kg person carries a 25-N package up a flight of stairs. The vertical height of the stairs is 10.0 m. How much work is done?
2. A force of 1800 N is needed to keep a piano from sliding down a 10.0-m ramp. Hove much work is done?
3. A child pulls a sled through the snow with a force of 45 N applied to the rope at an angle of 30.0° with the horizontal.
a. How much work is
done if they moved 15 m?
4. It takes 7500 J of work to slide a crate a distance of 15 m across a floor. A force of 650 N was applied to the rope. What angle did the rope make with the ground?
5. It took a force of 250 N to pull a crate weighing 765 N across the floor. The work done was 3500 J. How far was the crate moved?
6. A student with a mass oŁ 80.0 kg runs up three flights of stairs in 12 s. The student has gone a vertical distance of 8.0 m. What is the student's power?
7. A 9.0-kW motor lifts a 3500-kg elevator to a height of 9.5 m. How long does it take?
8. A force of 1250 N is used to push a piano up a ramp 12 m long to a height of 1.5 m above the ground The piano weighs 7500 N.
a. What is the work
8. What is the IMA oŁ the plane? a. 1.25 b. 3 c. 3.2 d. 4
9. What is the MA of the plane? a. 1.25 b. 3 c. 3.2 d.
10. What is the input work? a. 300 J b. 240 J c. 80 J d. 75 J
11. What is the output work? a. 300 J b. 240 J c. 80 J d. 75 J
12. What is the efficiency of the plane? a. 40% b. 60% c. 80% d. 120%
|If you have any questions, please email Ms. Cummings|