Chapter 9 Review
1. The advantage of a balanced formula equation over a chemical word equation is the added
2. Which of the following results in a single product?
3. When sodium sulfate, Na2SO4, is added to water how many ions does each formula unit form?
4. Ions can form in water solutions from
5. If a reactant or product in a chemical equation is followed by (aq) it means that the
6. If an energy term appears on the right side of a chemical equation the reaction must be
7. In the balanced equation: H2 + I2 => 2HI what is the ratio of reacting hydrogen gas molecules to molecules of hydrogen iodide formed?
8. The numbers used in a balanced chemical equation that give the relative numbers of formula units of a substance taking part in a reaction are the
9. In a chemical reaction the total mass of the substances before the reaction compared to the total mass of the substances after the reaction is
10. The new substances formed in a chemical reaction are referred to as
11. How many moles of chlorine gas (Cl2) would react with 5 moles of sodium (Na) according to the following formula equation?
2Na + Cl2 => 2NaCl
12. Write the balanced form of the equation:
Cu + AgNO3 => Cu(NO3)2 + Ag
13. Write and balance the formula equation for the reaction:
copper(II) sulfide + oxygen => copper(II) oxide + sulfur dioxide
14. Complete and balance the equation:
CH4 + ____ => CO2 + H2O
15. Complete and balance the formula equation for the reaction:
aluminum + iron(II) oxide => ?
16. Predict the products and balance the formula equation for the reaction:
BaCl2 + Na2SO4 => ?
C. Essay Question
17. Name the four categories of chemical reactions and include one characteristic feature of each category.
A. Multiple Choice
18. The additional quantity that must be balanced in an ionic equation is the number of
19. A net ionic equation does not include any
20. Write the balanced net ionic equation for the reaction:
K2CO3 + CaSO4 => CaCO3 + K2SO4
21. Predict the products and write the balanced molecular equation for:
Pb + Cu(NO3)2 =>
22. Predict the product(s) and write the balanced equation for:
MgO(s) + H2O(l) =>
23. Predict the products and write the balanced equation for:
C. Essay Question
24. For the reaction 2A + B => A2B describe in words two changes that take place and identify two quantities that remain the same.
|If you have any questions, please email Ms. Cummings|